Have you ever encountered a difficult period in your life? A period where your mind spirals into action asking yourself the “whys” all nasty stuff is happening to you. You may have been faithful most of your life yet a bizarre experience start hovering around your life, a heavy dark cloud like one when it just about to rain….
Though the fig tree should not blossom and there be no fruit on the vines, though the yield of the olive should fail and the fields produce no food, though the flock should be cut off from the fold and there be no cattle in the stalls, yet I will exult in the Lord, I will rejoice in the God of my salvationHabakkuk 3:17-18
Habakkuk was a prophet who was tangled and he had questions that you perhaps have asked yourself. He asks, “How long, Lord, must I call for help, but you do not listen?” Almost certainly, you have ever felt like God is taking too long.
I am prompted that not all suffering is because of sin. In fact, you might be in a very good relationship with God spending time to be with Him in prayer and worship, but troubles come, and you wonder what you will do.
God continuously emboldens us to trust Him in the gloomy moments.my favorite scripture says; “I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron: and I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the Lord, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.
When you go through difficult moments, do not stop moving, keep going on, It is mostly dark when it is just about the dawn. Be certain about the outcome that you will rise above the current challenges. You could be going through that period so you can be an encouragement to others. You may buy into the temptation to go through your life doing miniature prayers , developing pintsize plans, competing for spots with others, hoping but not ever being quite certain about anything, and always covertly afraid that you will miss all what you have ever desired for your life.
Habakkuk in verse 18 says, “I will exalt in the Lord.” Even though I have so many “whys” questions, even though I lack clarity and I feel confusion, even though I do not see a solution in sight, and even though God does not make sense; rather than pretend that nothing is wrong I am going to exalt in the Lord. I am going to trust and sole rely on the faithfulness of God even when I cannot see him or what he is doing.
So, be encouraged…Do not stop desiring good things. Be brave and build up your Faith. Your hope will materialize. He’ll call you by your name.
- Are our plans not dependent on the continuance of our lives?D. J. De Haan, an American Bible teacher wrote a poem, the poem goes like this; Though life is often filled with pain, though death looms just ahead, The Lord can fill your heart with peace and take away the dread. That is amazing, it then takes me to a favorite scripture in the book […]
- HOW TO SUPPORT PEOPLE STRUGGLING WITH DEPRESSIONDepression gets worse if the individual has little or no support. Stress without support is what leads to depression and suicide. Do the best you can to support those around you that have been diagnosed with depression. How do you talk to a person who is depressed? Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of […]
- You need of a Website? All that You Need to Know.We no longer exist in a cocoon, with advent of tech and growing ease of access to information, it does not suffice to have your brick and motor business and assume you can get your customers from your local physical community. Website helps you to expand your customer base and enhance your visibility.
- WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT DEPRESSIONOriginally posted on DOCTOR'S BENCH:
?As I stated in one of my previous articleshttps://fridahwachiraonline.wordpress.com/2021/02/05/how-the-church-can-be-in-the-frontline-of-mental-health-care/ , there are about 290 mental health disorders in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM V)of mental disorders . It is therefore not possible to handle all of these disorders in one article. Today we are just going to look…
- Is mental health care part of the Great Commission?Mathew 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.’’ Amen The response […]