Have you ever encountered a difficult period in your life? A period where your mind spirals into action asking yourself the “whys” all nasty stuff is happening to you. You may have been faithful most of your life yet a bizarre experience start hovering around your life, a heavy dark cloud like one when it just about to rain….
Though the fig tree should not blossom and there be no fruit on the vines, though the yield of the olive should fail and the fields produce no food, though the flock should be cut off from the fold and there be no cattle in the stalls, yet I will exult in the Lord, I will rejoice in the God of my salvationHabakkuk 3:17-18
Habakkuk was a prophet who was tangled and he had questions that you perhaps have asked yourself. He asks, “How long, Lord, must I call for help, but you do not listen?” Almost certainly, you have ever felt like God is taking too long.
I am prompted that not all suffering is because of sin. In fact, you might be in a very good relationship with God spending time to be with Him in prayer and worship, but troubles come, and you wonder what you will do.
God continuously emboldens us to trust Him in the gloomy moments.my favorite scripture says; “I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron: and I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the Lord, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.
When you go through difficult moments, do not stop moving, keep going on, It is mostly dark when it is just about the dawn. Be certain about the outcome that you will rise above the current challenges. You could be going through that period so you can be an encouragement to others. You may buy into the temptation to go through your life doing miniature prayers , developing pintsize plans, competing for spots with others, hoping but not ever being quite certain about anything, and always covertly afraid that you will miss all what you have ever desired for your life.
Habakkuk in verse 18 says, “I will exalt in the Lord.” Even though I have so many “whys” questions, even though I lack clarity and I feel confusion, even though I do not see a solution in sight, and even though God does not make sense; rather than pretend that nothing is wrong I am going to exalt in the Lord. I am going to trust and sole rely on the faithfulness of God even when I cannot see him or what he is doing.
So, be encouraged…Do not stop desiring good things. Be brave and build up your Faith. Your hope will materialize. He’ll call you by your name.
- The orphan spirit: Psychology Versus SpiritualityThe orphan Spirit caused by Traumas and unhealed wounds from painful experiences (By “orphan” I am referring to a sense of abandonment, loneliness, alienation and isolation.) “Just as the Holy Spirit is attracted to broken hearts and wounds to heal them, so are the demons attracted to those souls with unhealed wounds to torment them. It […]
- MENTAL HEALTH – 3 COMMON DISORDERS YOU SHOULD BE AWARE OF.Mental health is a diverse topic and there’s a wide range of Mental disorders that affect people, (some of which are not even aware). In this article I want to address the most common disorders; A wide range of conditions that affect mood, thinking and behavior. Most common types: clinical depression, anxiety disorder and bipolar […]
- How can the church be in the frontline of mental health care?Originally posted on DOCTOR'S BENCH:
We live in a society that stigmatizes mental health so much that it denies depression, but mourns suicide ~ Anonymous I came across this statement sometime back and it is just sad how true it is. Just recently when looking at the statistics on the suicide cases globally and…
- WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN YOUR CHILD HAS ECZEMA
- The Lows and The Highs – What is MelPhleg Anyway? (Guest Post)Do you know yourself well? Which is your temperament and which character in the Bible do you think shares the same temperament as you? #Personality Temperament Test While recovering from depression and anxiety attacks, my counsellor gave me a personality temperament test, to help me best understand myself so that I can be able to […]